Friday, October 9, 2009

A real Spanish salad

Sharon says: “Sometimes people ask me how I know so much about Spanish food. I have to say it is because the thing I am most famous for is talking. And I talk to just about anybody and everybody I meet.

“People who know me will know this.

“This morning I was in the great El Corte Ingles department store in Cartagena to pick up my bits and bobs. I like to go there because there disabled parking underground right next to the automatic door entrance. There is also a Post Office. And there is no siesta. The café is excellent and the staff is always very helpful. There are fantastic toilets and the place is always clean. Just like department stores should be.

“Anyway, I was in there this morning buying some stationery and I got talking to Rosa who was serving me. She is a food expert and loves the country food of Murcia. She is originally from Águilas which is down the Murcia coast to the south and is famous for its seafood.

“Rosa told me about a great way to make roasted vegetable salad. Take a big oven tray and fill it with aubergines, red and green peppers, tomatoes and plenty of chopped garlic. Roast it all in the oven, take out and let it all cool down. Take the skins off and arrange on a serving dish before sprinkling with olive oil.

“So, of course, I am all set to try this at the weekend. Bear in mind this could be served as a starter or a side dish with a main meal.”

What nice people you meet in El Corte Ingles.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment