Wednesday, May 13, 2009

People are so kind

Sharon has been thinking about how kind people are when they see her in her wheelchair or struggling along on her crutch. She says:

“I never noticed before. Obviously, because I didn´t need any help or assistance and because I looked like everybody else. But since I have been in a wheelchair or using my crutch, I have been so happy about how helpful and kind people can be. Often when you least expect it.

“I never considered before how disabled people got on. But, I am so aware of it now, of course. It is wonderful how complete strangers make such kind offers to help when they see us and think we may be struggling. The simplest things can often be quite a struggle and offers of help are more than welcome. Young or old, male or female – so many people try to help. It is so heart warming.

“When you listen to the news and hear about people moaning and groaning, you can often be a bit cynical and hard. But when complete strangers offer their assistance it makes you realise that most people in the world are thoughtful and kind. “

***

©Phillip Bruce 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment