Monday, June 1, 2009

Kind people

Sharon says:

“I’ve been thinking about how nice and thoughtful people are. They so often help us when we must look as if we need a helping hand. Since I have been in the wheelchair I have noticed how so many people have been so helpful to me, offering their assistance whilst I have been getting in and out of the car, opening doors for me, helping us up and down steps and with other obstacles.

“Just this morning, I was getting into my wheelchair from the front passenger street of the car. Because we were parked on a slope the wheelchair wasn´t too steady and a passing man came over and held the wheelchair while Phil swung me round and into it from the car. He was just someone walking by and, obviously, saw us struggling a bit. It was good to feel that my wheelchair was held securely and would not roll back.

“So many people are like this and it means the world to me. I try to remember if I was as helpful to people before I became disabled. I only hope I was.”

***

©Phillip Bruce 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment