Saturday, March 6, 2010

Making a monkey out of Sharon

Sharon is delighted at the help she has been receiving from the Dumfries and Galloway social services team.

“Everyone has been so warm and friendly,” she said. “And I look forward to having them visit – although they have to listen to me yakking on. They have become my friends.

“Yesterday, I was the happy recipient of a contraption called a Monkey Bar. This hangs over the bed or lie back chair and there is a triangle type handle suspended ,for me to pull myself up and lower myself down into my wheelchair or bed. So I don't have to hang around my husband's neck like before. He says he doesn't mind at all but a girl has to have her independence. This is another way forward for me.

“No jokes, please, about monkeys hanging off bars.”

www.sharonskitchenworld.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment