Monday, March 1, 2010

Sharon tells God where to go

Two years ago today Sharon suffered a massive stroke when a blood vessel in her brain ruptured. Things looked very grim and doctors warned it would be best to prepare for the worst.

As she was sped to hospital in an ambulance a stop had to be made at the side of the road while paramedics fought for her life. She arrived at hospital and was rushed into an operating theatre where an emergency operation was carried out to relieve the pressure of the blood that was pressing on her brain. Then there was a high-speed dash to a major surgical hospital where in another operation, as Sharon explains it: “They cut the top of my head off.” She lay in intensive care for a few days and then an intricate third operation was carried out which saw tiny coils of platinum placed at the site of the break so that clots could form and block the leaking blood. More weeks unconscious in intensive care followed, living through machines. But Sharon was not ready to go. She describes what happened at one stage of this critical period.

“I was in this big open area that was very brightly lit by ginormous yellow lights on the top of poles around the edges. All these people kept floating up to me and telling me that God was ready to meet me at the gate round the back.

“I told everybody that I was not going to meet God because I was going back to be with my family. That was more important to me than meeting God.

“I can still see it all in my minds 'eye now.”

www.sharonskitchenworld.blogspot.com

***

No comments:

Post a Comment