Saturday, March 6, 2010

Time for breakfast


This week Wigtown has been busy as local businesses, hotels and families have been hosting breakfasts and morning coffees to mark the town's enthusiasm for the Fairtrade movement.

Sharon has been doing her bit, and has enjoyed scrambled eggs, creamy and delicious local raspberry and strawberry yoghurt, cakes and lots of cups of proper tea.

Yesterday she went to a wonderful and historic home which enjoys magnificent views out over Wigtown Bay. The marshes and sandbanks stretch away and there are thousands of geese and other birds to be seen. The geese seem really happy now that the shooting season is over. “I'm sure they know,” said one friend. “They always seem to be more relaxed after the hunters depart.” Apparently, the geese even know that the men with the guns are waiting for them to take off at dawn. So they have started flying in the dark as the night ends.

“I couldn't decide whether it was the date and walnut loaf or the ginger cake that I liked the best yesterday,” said Sharon. “So I had to keep sampling them to try and make up my mind. There were pieces of crystallised ginger in the ginger cake, so it was even more yummy.

“The diet is definitely not starting until the summer salad weather arrives, if it does. Secretly, I'm hoping it doesn't so I can just carry on enjoying myself with all the wonderful local fare.”

www.sharonskitchenworld.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment